Blood Donation Feature Terms
SOCIAL BLOOD’s blood donation feature aims to connect volunteer blood donors with blood receivers in their nearest local geographical area that are seeking blood donors. SOCIAL BLOOD connect Donors with people in the Donors’ geographical area. Here are more details about the terms of service for the Feature (the “Terms”) upon which Donors, Receivers and their relevant authorized Third Parties may use the Feature.
SOCIAL BLOOD is not a blood bank
• SOCIAL BLOOD is not a blood bank and SOCIAL BLOOD is not affiliated with any particular blood recipient/donor. SOCIAL BLOOD does not carry out nor interfere with any business or activities in relation to blood donation, including but not limited to recruitment or selection of donors, collection, storage, processing or transportation of blood.
• SOCIAL BLOOD does not provide any medical supervision or assistance.
• SOCIAL BLOOD has not obtained, nor is it required to obtain, any statutory licenses, approvals, registration, certifications, or accreditations in this respect, including pursuant to any law, rules, or regulations applicable in the Blood Bank’s or Donor’s jurisdictions (“Applicable Law”).
SOCIAL BLOOD’s goal is to facilitate the donor and the receiver with the help of enabling Technology for blood donation
• Blood donation is a voluntary service and SOCIAL BLOOD does not guarantee that a potential Donor will agree to donate blood whenever called upon to do so. Donors may remove their status as a blood donor at any time.
• Blood donors have the right to stop participating in this Feature at any time.
• SOCIAL BLOOD does not guarantee that it will, or is able to, connect Donors and Receivers.
• SOCIAL BLOOD will not be liable for any injury or loss of life resulting from any connections or lack of connections facilitated through the Feature.
• No contract, express or implied, is created hereby among any parties using the Feature, or with SOCIAL BLOOD.
SOCIAL BLOOD serves only as an Platform Provider to Connect Donors and Receivers with their website
• SOCIAL BLOOD only facilitates contact between Donors and Receivers in need of blood providing relevant information about donors and those in need of blood to potential Donors via the SOCIAL BLOOD website.
• SOCIAL BLOOD is not responsible for the direct contact made between Donors and receivers nor is SOCIAL BLOOD responsible for the Donors’ actions before or after contact is made.
• SOCIAL BLOOD is not responsible for any misuse of contact information displayed.
• SOCIAL BLOOD gives no assurance with respect to the authenticity, accuracy or correctness of the information provided by the Donors/requests made by the receivers.
• The Donor and the Receiver are responsible for verifying the authenticity and correctness of the information provided by the other working with their respective hospitals or blood banks.
SOCIAL BLOOD does not receive any protected health information
• Under no circumstances will SOCIAL BLOOD have access to any Donor’s health information or records obtained from or arising out of any eligibility exams or other procedures performed by the health care providers
• SOCIAL BLOOD will not, to the extent permitted under Applicable Law, be responsible for any claims, disputes, suits, actions, proceedings, losses, injury, damages or harm (including, but not limited to, loss of personal data, personal injury, or loss of life) caused to the Donor, the receiver, and/or any third party due to any interaction between the Donor, Blood receiver, and/or any third party.
SOCIAL BLOOD does not accept money or incentives from Donors or Receivers for Donating Blood
SOCIAL BLOOD does not charge any money from Donors or Receivers for their voluntary blood donation. However, you can pay a maintenance fee Rs.30-50/- if you are willing to donate us to support/appreciate our voluntary work.
SOCIAL BLOOD does not endorse or promote
When providing the Feature, SOCIAL BLOOD is not promoting any treatment, drugs, services, remedies, or activities that claim to have powers to cure, diagnose, prevent, or mitigate any disease or other illness.
Use of the Feature is subject to SOCIAL BLOOD’s other terms and conditions
• While using the Feature, the Donors and Receivers are also subject to SOCIAL BLOOD’s Standards, and Data Policy, and other terms and conditions (“SOCIAL BLOOD Website Terms”) as may be applicable to the use of UBlood’s brands, products, and services. In case of any conflict or inconsistencies between these Blood Donation Feature Terms and other SOCIAL BLOOD Website Terms, the latter shall prevail.
• You understand that the collection, processing, storage and transfer of information obtained by SOCIAL BLOOD in relation to your use of the Feature is in accordance with SOCIAL BLOOD’s Data Policy.
• Any information or content provided in the Feature should be used by you only for the purposes set out in these Terms.
• SOCIAL BLOOD reserves the right to deny or terminate any Donors participation in or access to the Feature or to remove the Feature for any reason at any time.
Donor/Receiver Specific Terms
When you register as a Donor on SOCIAL BLOOD, you express an interest to donate blood voluntarily and agree to receive updates when Receivers raise a request in your geographical area are looking for blood donors using our platform. Similarly, when you raise/seek for blood, you express an interest and agree to receive updates about donors if available in your geographical area.
Your use of the Feature
• Blood donation is a voluntary act and it is entirely at your sole discretion to donate blood.
• You may remove your status as a blood donor and stop receiving updates at any time through your SOCIAL BLOOD profile.
SOCIAL BLOOD is not a medical provider and does not provide medical advice
• You should seek and obtain appropriate medical advice from qualified medical professionals prior to participating in any blood donation activities. SOCIAL BLOOD does not conduct any independent health or background checks.
• SOCIAL BLOOD does not guarantee that you will be eligible or able to donate blood. The Receiver or the Third Party like Hospitals /Blood Banks, Diagnostic Laboratories are responsible for taking all steps required to determine your eligibility ,accuracy and ability to donate blood.
SOCIAL BLOOD is not responsible for the Blood Bank’s activities or operations
• SOCIAL BLOOD is not responsible for assessing the licensure, accreditation, or reputation of a Blood Bank. Donors are solely responsible for assessing the fitness of a Blood Banks prior to donating blood.
• SOCIAL BLOOD is not responsible for any information, collected, created by or about the Blood Bank.
• Donors/Recipients should review local regulations and policy to confirm that they are complying with Applicable Law.
ERRORS ON SOCIAL BLOOD SITE
Content, prices, and availability of Subscription and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and SOCIAL BLOOD reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions.
TERMINATION OF USE
SOCIAL BLOOD may, in its sole discretion, terminate your account or your use of the Site at any time. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination.
SOCIAL BLOOD reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspects of the Site at any time without prior notice.